AFCRN LGCW Online Meeting, Nov 15th, 2021 (10.30am GMT, 1 hour)
Moderators: Eric Chokunonga
- The African Cancer Registry Network (Eric Chokunonga, Manager, Zimbabwe National Cancer Registry, Zimbabse)
- Trends in the incidence of the major cancers in sub Saharan Africa (Elima Jedy-Agba, senior researcher, International Research Center of Excellence, Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria)
- Survival from cancer in sub Saharan Africa (Yvonne Joko, Research Fellow, International Agency for Research on Cancer)
- The Southern Africa Childhood Cancer Registry (Natasha Abraham, epidemiologist, National Cancer Registry, South Africa)
- Creating a national cancer registry network - the Tanzania experience (Gisbert Mswiga, Consultant, Vital Strategies, Tanzania)
- Staging with Essential TNM in African registries (Biying Liu, Researcher, African Cancer Registry Network, Oxford)
Our article “The evolving epidemic of breast cancer in sub‐Saharan Africa: Results from the African Cancer Registry Network” published in the International Journal of Cancer (IJC) has been selected for a special online Virtual Issue. This manuscript was prepared by Dr Yvonne Joko-Fru, supervised by Dr Max Parkin and Dr Paul McGale (Uni of Oxford).
The Enrico Anglesio Prize is awarded every year to a young cancer epidemiology researcher, in two occasions:
It has been part of the regular programme and prize awarded at the IACR's Annual Scientific Conference; and
At the yearly Groupe pour l’Epidémiologie et l’Enregistrement du cancer dans les Pays de Langue Latine (GRELL) Meeting.
With the cancellation of conferences for 2020 due to COVD-19, the Fondo Elena Moroni and the scientific committee of the Enrico Anglesio prize decided to organise a Enrico Anglesio Prize virtual.
For the virtual prize, candidates are invited to present a written paper on their work on cancer epidemiology and/or cancer registration, that, in normal times, they would have presumably given as an oral presentation at the IACR or GRELL conference, and subsequently submitted for publication in a Journal. READ more of the prize details and rules here: https://www.fondoelenamoroni.org/en/the-prize/